Subject: [PCN] Study on PCN metering and marking algorithms

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:33:41 +0100

Hi,

we recently had a discussion about threshold and ramp marking on the 
list that ended with lots of speculation concerning the marking results 
but without any conclusion.
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pcn/current/msg00723.html

We compared threshold and ramp marking for PCN-based admission control 
using simulations and provided some insights concerning suitable 
parameters settings and tradeoffs. Here is a link to the technical report:
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/TR/tr437.pdf

We will put a summary of the report into the next version of the 3sm draft.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-pcn-3sm-00.txt

Regards,

    Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn