Subject: [PCN] IETF 70 *DRAFT* PCN agenda

From: Steven Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:24:30 -0500

Attached is the draft agenda for the Vancouver meeting,
also available at:

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/agenda/pcn.txt

Note that Scott and I are proposing to do something different from the
previous meetings: we are only planning to discuss the PCN architecture
draft and Kwok's and Georgios' encoding draft.

There are several reasons for this, but to summarize:

- These drafts address the first two milestones for PCN.  According to
  the working group charter, we are already late on these milestones
  (and when working groups are late, the chairs don't get their bonus
  checks).  So it is critical that we make progress on resolving the
  open issues with these documents so that we can move them to working
  group last call (1).

- Some design decisions for future milestones are depending on the
  resolution of some open issues with these documents, so by making
  progress now we should be able to accelerate subsequent work.

- We had requests to discuss nine drafts in this meeting, some of which
  just recently popped into existence with no prior discussion on the
  mailing list.  With only 120 minutes of meeting time, there is not
  enough time to facilitate good discussions for all of these drafts. 
  So we plan to spend our precious face time on discussion of the open
  issues that we know we need to resolve as soon as possible.

Philip and Kwok have volunteered to each post a list of open issues with
their drafts.  We should review and refine these lists prior to the
meeting, and of course continue to discuss the open issues.  In the
meeting we will let Philip and Kwok drive the discussion, but anyone
with anything to say on these issues will be welcome to queue up for mic
and screen time (if you do produce slides (3 max, please), then please
send them to the list before the meeting).

As always, all working group decisions are finalized on the mailing
list.

Please send comments on this draft agenda to the list ASAP.

(1) draft-chan-pcn-encoding-comparison-01 is not a working group 
    document, so it has no official status.  In the absence of any 
    alternative drafts, we need to make progress on this one.

(2) If any author feels that comprehension of his or her
    draft would benefit from slides and/or oral commentary, feel free
    to post those to the list (and we can arrange hosting for these if
    necessary).

See you in Vancouver!

Scott & Steve

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Steven Blake                <[email-masked]>
Ericsson/Redback Networks               +1 919-472-9913
_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn

---

From: "Jozef Babiarz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:42:45 -0500

Steve,
I agree that the wg needs to focus and reach closure on the
architectural draft and survey of encoding and transport choices as they
are Nov. 2007 deliverables.

I would like to request that the PCN wg get a second two hour meet slot
later in the week to discuss Mar. 2008 deliverables, mostly what marking
behavior will be standardized for PCN interior nodes and edge-to-edge
PCN signalling requirements. 

Also, I believe that the wg needs to review the posted schedule of
deliverables and update it based on the agreements we reach in
Vancouver. 

Regards, Joe
email:[email-masked]
Telephone:613-763-6098
-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Blake [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: November 20, 2007 9:25 PM
To: pcn
Subject: [PCN] IETF 70 *DRAFT* PCN agenda

See you in Vancouver!

Scott & Steve

---

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:15:16 +0100

Hi Steven,

yes, this would certainly be a good idea to advance the PCN work. I have 
the impression that a lot of work was done since the last meeting and it 
would be good to give room for official discussions on the achieved 
results and further steps.

Regards,

    Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn

---

From: "GOLDMAN, STUART O \(STUART\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:30:53 -0600

Since the following topic is not on the PCN agenda as discussed below, people with an interest in PCN working across an inter-domain boundary with the PTSC might wish to consider:

draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope-01 2007-11-05 Active    I-D Exists  

https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-goldman-pcn-pstn-scope/

Stuart Goldman
Alcatel-Lucent 
[email-masked]
+1 602 493 8438
 please save a tree by not printing this e-mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Blake [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:25 PM
To: pcn
Subject: [PCN] IETF 70 *DRAFT* PCN agenda

See you in Vancouver!

Scott & Steve