Subject: [PCN] CFP - IWQoS 2008

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 18:03:47 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------
          16th INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON QUALITY OF SERVICE
                             (IWQoS 2008)

                            June 2-4, 2008
             University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
                     http://iwqos08.ewi.utwente.nl/
------------------------------------------------------------

             *** Abstract deadline: January 21, 2008 ***
         *** Paper submission deadline: January 28, 2008 ***

CALL FOR PAPERS

Since 1994, IWQoS has served as the prime annual workshop on Quality of
Service, providing an international forum for the presentation and
discussion of cutting edge research in the field. Building on the success of
previous workshops, the objective of the workshop is to bring together
researchers, developers, and practitioners working in this area to discuss
recent and innovative results, and to identify future directions and
challenges in developing practical computer/communication systems where
predictable, controlled, and robust performance is a central requirement.
IWQoS has a long standing tradition of being highly interactive, while
maintaining highest standards of competitiveness and excellence. The scope
of the workshop covers the main and currently important aspects of QoS
research, including related issues such as availability, reliability,
security, pricing, resource management, and performance guarantees. 

The program will include the following highlights:

- Key-note by industrial speaker
- A session with short position papers
- Key-note and invited paper
 
The session with short position papers will be highly interactive and leave
much room for the audience to get involved. The short papers will go through
the general reviewing process. 

TECHNICAL PROGRAM

As in previous years, the workshop covers a broad spectrum of QoS issues in
communications networking. IWQoS 2008 will particularly emphasize the
increasing importance of application level QoS and perceived QoS, i.e., the
quality of applications as experienced by the end users, which is usually
expressed in terms of a 'mean opinion score' (MOS). Relevant topics for the
workshop include the following:

- End-to-end QoS provisioning in heterogeneous network environments
- Application protocols and QoS
- QoS in overlay and peer-to-peer networks
- QoS adaptation, adaptive applications
- Perceived QoS for VoIP and multimedia applications
- Mapping network performance to perceived QoS
- Service-level agreements (SLAs) and QoS
- QoS modelling for gaming applications
- Measurement based QoS estimation and verification
- QoS in wireless, mobile, ad hoc and sensor networks
- QoS in context aware systems (also related to mobility)
- End-to-end QoS signalling and support
- QoS in home networks, intranets and Metro Ethernets
- Operating systems support and end-system design for QoS

COMMITTEE

General chair:
Boudewijn Haverkort, University of Twente

TPC co-chairs:
Hans van den Berg, TNO Information and Communication Technology Gunnar
Karlsson, KTH, Royal Institute of Technology

Local chair:
Georgios Karagiannis, University of Twente

BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD 

Award will be given at the conference to the best student paper, whose first
author is/was a student at the time of the paper submission.

PROCEEDINGS

IWQoS invites submission of manuscripts that present original research
results and that neither have been published nor are currently under review
for another conference or journal. Any previous or simultaneous publication
of related material should be explicitly noted in the submission. The
proceedings will be published by IEEE ComSoc. 
We also solicit submissions for the short position papers session. The short
papers will be included in the conference proceedings. 

IMPORTANT DATES 

- Abstract deadline: January 21, 2008, 11:59pm CET
- Paper submission deadline: January 28, 2008, 11:59pm CET
- Notification of acceptance: March 18, 2008
- Camera-ready papers due: April 8, 2008
- Early registration deadline and hotel reservation cut-off date: April
15th, 2008
- Workshop dates: June 2-4, 2008
- Workshop reception and welcome party: June 1, 2008

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn