Subject: [PCN] draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-01

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:05:55 +0100

We are rapidly slipping further and further behind our charter
milestones. It is my belief that the baseline encoding document is now
ready to be adopted as a WG item and should only need minimal work to
advance it towards WGLC.

www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-pcn-baseline-encoding-01.tx
t

I am going to potentially submit a 02 version by Monday to address any
issues that still need looking at. However this is by way of being a
formal request to the chairs to consider asking the WG if this document
can be adopted as a WG item before Dublin. It is my belief that once we
have the baseline encoding agreed and en route to RFC then the
architecture draft and marking behaviour drafts should also start making
significant progress. The only caveat connected to this current document
is whether or not we will manage to get shared use of the new
voice-admit DSCP or whether we will have to go through the long and
painful process of trying to get our own standards track DSCP.

Oh, and as I warned at last IETF, I will probably have to step back from
active involvement in this WG after Dublin due to other work
commitments...

Toby Moncaster

____________________________________________________________________
Toby Moncaster, <[email-masked]> Networks Research Centre, BT
B54/70 Adastral Park, Ipswich, IP53RE, UK.  +44 1473 648734 
_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn