Subject: [PCN] downgrading packets or flows ?

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:31:23 +0200

Hi,

when downgrading pcn packets or whole pcn flows using signaling for the 
pcn class in case of congestion, this means we introduce another 
possibly complex mechanism because pcn does not work properly. Under 
normal operation, we should not experience congestion, in case of 
failures we can use flow termination. That's all. If we don't use flow 
termination, we have to live with potential congestion or could fight it 
somehow, but I don't think this should be part of the pcn architecture.

Regards,

    Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn