Subject: [PCN] RFC 5559 on Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:45:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5559

        Title:      Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) Architecture 
        Author:     P. Eardley, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 134827
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcn-architecture-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5559.txt

This document describes a general architecture for flow admission and
termination based on pre-congestion information in order to protect
the quality of service of established, inelastic flows within a
single Diffserv domain.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute