Subject: [PCN] Problems with flow termination due to different RTTs

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 00:39:18 +0200

Hi all,

Daisuke Satoh implemented the flow termination of CL and observed 
overtermination when IEAs within a PCN domain have different RTTs. We 
should be aware of his findings and possibly also give guidelines that 
help to avoid overtermination in such cases. I have described the 
problem in Section 4.3 of
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~menth/Publications/papers/Menth08-Sub-9b.pdf
and proposed some workarounds trying to mitigate the overtermination.

Regards,

    Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/31-86644 (new), fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 21:16:20 -0400

Possibly the statistical material I had in the original CL draft (removed by the 
time it was published) could have some relevance here. Indirectly the 
estimations discussed in that material were estimations of RTT for specific 
IEAs. I'll see if I can put something together that makes more sense to people 
than my last attempt.