Subject: [PCN] New edge behaviour: draft-karagiannis-pcn-hose-edge-behaviour-00

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:59:14 +0200

Hi all

During the last two IETF meetings I had promissed to publish the HOSE edge
behaviour draft.

Via the following URL you can find this draft:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-karagiannis-pcn-hose-edge-behaviour-00.txt

If you have any comments please let me know!

--------------------------------------------------------

   Abstract ++

   Precongestion notification (PCN) is a means for protecting quality of
   service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv domain.  The
   overall PCN architecture is described in RFC 5559.  This memo is one
   of a series describing possible boundary node behaviours for a PCN
   domain.  The behaviour described here is denoted as the HOSE model.
   In this document the term HOSE is referring to the
   aggregation of incoming traffic from all ingress edges, which is
   associated with one traffic class, i.e., PHB, towards one egress
   edge.  This type of HOSE model is equivalent to the Multiple Point to
   Point (MP2P) type of aggregation.

   The HOSE model ensures bandwidth limits without the need of
   maintaining per each ingress and egress pair ingress-egress-
   aggregated states.  In this case all edges maintain one aggregated
   state per each traffic class, i.e., PHB (Per Hop Behaviour), used in
   the PCN domain. Moreover, the HOSE model is able to provide solutions
   for the ECMP (Equal Cost Multi Path) problem for both admission
   control and flow termination procedures.

-------------------------------------

Best regards,
Georgios