Subject: [PCN] pcn-3-in-1-encoding updates & tsvwg-ecn-tunnel status

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 00:17:29 +0000

Folks,

You will see I just updated the draft-ietf-pcn-3-in-1-encoding draft 
(01->02), following Kwok pointing out an error.

I had previously updated it about a month ago (00->01) to make better 
sense if draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel becomes an RFC.

I believe Gorry Fairhurst is intending to put out a WG last call on 
ecn-tunnel to the tsvwg list shortly, and also ask for Security 
Directorate review in parallel. ecn-tunnel is a pre-requisite for 
pcn-3-in-1, so if ecn-tunnel does eventually get through the last 
calls to RFC, the w-g will have to consider the encoding comparisons 
in a new light.

Cheers

Bob

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                BT Innovate & Design

---

From: Kwok Ho Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:31:46 -0500

Folks:
Talking about "the w-g will have to consider the encoding comparisons 
in a new light",
this is also in the latest 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-02.txt,
with new text (thanks to Michael) on this topic.
You will also see text on the other encoding options.

Please read it for yourselves and let us know what you think.
Thanks!
-- Kwok --

At 07:17 PM 3/8/2010, Bob Briscoe wrote:
>I had previously updated it about a month ago (00->01) to make 
>better sense if draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel becomes an RFC.
>
>_______________________________________________
>PCN mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn