Subject: [PCN] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour-08.txt> (PCN Boundary Node Behaviour for the Single Marking (SM) Mode of Operation) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 18:38:55 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Congestion and Pre-Congestion
Notification WG (pcn) to consider the following document:
- 'PCN Boundary Node Behaviour for the Single Marking (SM) Mode of
   Operation'
  <draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a means for protecting the
   quality of service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv
   domain.  The overall PCN architecture is described in RFC 5559.  This
   memo is one of a series describing possible boundary node behaviours
   for a PCN-domain.  The behaviour described here is that for a form of
   measurement-based load control using two PCN marking states, not-
   marked, and excess-traffic-marked.  This behaviour is known
   informally as the Single Marking (SM) PCN-boundary-node behaviour.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.