Subject: [PCN] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-07.txt> (Requirements for Signaling of (Pre-) Congestion Information in a DiffServ Domain) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 18:38:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Congestion and Pre-Congestion
Notification WG (pcn) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Signaling of (Pre-) Congestion Information in a
   DiffServ Domain'
  <draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Precongestion notification (PCN) is a means for protecting quality of
   service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv domain. The
   overall PCN architecture is described in RFC 5559. This memo
   describes the requirements for the signaling applied within the PCN
   domain: (1) PCN-feedback-information is carried from the PCN-egress-
   node to the decision point;(2) the decision point may ask the PCN-
   ingress-node to measure, and report back, the rate of sent PCN-
   traffic between that PCN-ingress-node and PCN-egress-node. The
   decision point may be either collocated with the PCN-ingress-node or
   a centralized node (in the latter case, (2) is not required). The
   signaling requirements pertain in particular to two edge behaviours,
   "controlled load (CL)" and "single marking (SM)"
   [draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge- behaviour-09],
   [draft-ietf-pcn-sm-edge-behaviour-06].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.