Subject: Re: [pcp] base #7 (closed): Round-trip time computation

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:08:43 -0000

#7: Round-trip time computation

Changes (by dwing@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 I'm going to close the round-trip problem easily:  I'm going to adopt
 text for the PCP client similar to RFC1536 (DNS implementation), which
 says:

    The Berkeley stub-resolver queries servers at an interval
    that starts at the greater of 4 seconds and 5 seconds divided by the
    number of servers the resolver queries. The resolver cycles through
    servers and at the end of a cycle, backs off the time out
    exponentially.

-- 
---------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Margaret Wasserman, Dave Thaler  |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect                           |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  critical                         |    Milestone:        
Component:  base                             |      Version:        
 Severity:  Active WG Document               |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                                   |  
---------------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/7#comment:1>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>