Subject: [pcp] base #29 (new): Richer error codes

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:23:14 -0000

#29: Richer error codes

 From http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pcp/current/msg00172.html

    When deployed in CGN context, specific error codes should be sent to
    the PCP Client.  As such, an Error Sub-Code is useful to
    provide more information about the encountered error.

    Below a list of error codes and associated sub-code errors.

    1.  Unsupported Version

    2.  Not Authorized.  One of the following error sub-codes must be
        indicated:

        1.  Administratively prohibited/Unknown subscriber ID

        2.  Unauthorised operation

        3.  The requested mapping does not exist

    3.  Out of resources

        1.  All available ports are in use

        2.  Unavailable bandwidth

    4.  Unsupported OpCode

    5.  Unsupported Transport Protocol

    6.  Per-subscriber resource limit exceeded

        1.  Static mapping quota exceeded

        2.  Ports quota exceeded

    7.  Parsing Error

        1.  Missing one or more mandatory IEs

        2.  Invalid mandatory IE

        3.  Invalid data field

    8.  Unknown

    It would be useful in the document to list in a table the events which
 trigger
    sending each of defined error code and sub-code.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dthaler@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                  |   Milestone:     
Component:  base                   |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/29>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 00:19:37 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   #29: Richer error codes
   
=> it will be fine if all missing error codes in the current I-D
will be published with names and values ASAP: today PCP is
not implementable because of this.

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Piotr Meus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:28:54 +0800

+1

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:55:02 -0800

> not implementable because of this.

Text and codepoints are welcome.

-d