Subject: [pcp] PCP discussion points

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:06:51 -0800

Hi.  I am sending out separate email messages on each of the
following points where we need to reach consensus.  Please
comment on each one separately, if possible.  If I don't
receive feedback, I will use my own judgment when editing
pcp-base on these discussion points.

The discussion points that I will be emailing are:

  * firewall
  * EVEN_PLUS_ONE (for RTP)
  * PCP server discovery
  * open ICMP as side-effect of using PCP to open a TCP/UDP port
    RFC5508 is silent on this side-effect, but it has been implicit
    in BEHAVE, IMHO.
  * PCP lifetime expiration with active traffic:  maintain mapping 
    or delete mapping
  * using PCP to reduce application-level keepalive traffic
  * PCP mappings: same public IP address as dynamic mappings
  * multiple port allocations

You will see the individual emails in a few minutes.

-d