Subject: [pcp] base #25 (new): Nested NAT support

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:11:44 -0000

#25: Nested NAT support

 From http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pcp/current/msg00168.html

  2. nested NAT:  added support for detecting a NAT between the PCP
     client and PCP server, using a STUN-like technique. Thanks to
     Mohamed for pointing out the flaw in an intermediate version.  See
     Section 7.4 and new information returned in Figure 7.

    Med: Detecting a NAT is in the path is a useful functionality but I
    don't see a value to include it in all responses from the same PCP
    Server.  I have proposed in the past a dedicated IE to return the
    perceived IP address and perceived port number by the PCP Server
    whenever requested by the PCP Client (in particular in a dedicated PCP
    request or in the first PCP request received from a PCP Client,
    etc.).  Including systematically this information in all PCP
    Responses is not required/useful in various scenarios such as the
    control of DS-Lite CGN using a PCP Client embedded in the CP router
    and which acts as a UPnP IGD-PCP Interworking function.

    Note that other complications are to be covered for the nested NAT
    scenario such as how to determine the scope of PCP requests when PCP
    is used to control both a local NAT and the remote NAT, etc.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dthaler@…              |       Owner:            
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  base                   |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |    Keywords:            
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/25>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:12:54 -0000

#25: Nested NAT support

Changes (by dthaler@…):

  * reporter:  dthaler@… => multiple

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  multiple            |       Owner:            
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  base                |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:            
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/25#comment:1>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>