Subject: [pcp] posted pcp-base-01

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:29:22 -0800

I wanted to get this published so folks in all timezones had enough time to
skim the document prior to tomorrow's interim meeting.

  http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pcp-base-01.txt
  side-by-side diffs:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pcp-b
ase-00.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pcp-base-01.txt
  or http://tinyurl.com/25gs5y2

Due to the document reorganization, the diffs show a lot of changes.  Sorry
about that.

   A.1.  Changes from -00 to -01

   o  Significant document reorganization, primarily to split base PCP
      operation from OpCode operation.

   o  packet format changed to move 'protocol' outside of PCP common
      header and into the PIN* opcodes

   o  Renamed Informational Elements (IE) to Options.

   o  Added REMOTE_PEER, REMOTE_PEER_FILTER, and HONOR_EXTERNAL_PORT
      options.

   o  Is NAT or router behind B4 in scope?

   o  PCP option MAY be included in a request, in which case it MUST
      appear in a response.  It MUST NOT appear in a response if it
      wasn't in the request.

   o  Response code most significant bit now indicates permanent/
      temporary error

   o  PCP Options are split into mandatory-to-process ("P" bit), and
      into Specification Required and Private Use.

   o  Epoch discussion simplified.

-d