Subject: [pcp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:31:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Port Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCP Anycast Address
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Reinaldo Penno
                          Stuart Cheshire
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-10-17

Abstract:
   The Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Address enables PCP clients
   to transmit signaling messages to their closest on-path NAT,
   Firewall, or other middlebox, without having to learn the IP address
   of that middlebox via some external channel.  This document
   establishes one well-known IPv4 address and one well-known IPv6
   address to be used as PCP Anycast Address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-anycast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:56:58 +0200

Dear all,

following the positive feedback at the Berlin meeting this draft is
a result from merging draft-kiesel-pcp-ip-based-srv-disc-01 and
draft-cheshire-pcp-anycast-02.

The draft-kiesel-... proposed to add a new PCP option that could be
useful in scenarios with multiple middleboxes and asymetric routing.
However, there was significant discussion about that and therefore,
for now we have removed this option and documented that issue in
sec. 3.2 of the new draft.

Your reviews/comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Sebastian

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:31:57 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [pcp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-00.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
pcp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp

----- End forwarded message -----