Subject: [Pearg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 13:16:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Privacy Enhancements and Assessments Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-05.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-01-06

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the timeline of the specification and
   implementation of different types of "transient numeric identifiers"
   used in IETF protocols, and how the security and privacy properties
   of such protocols have been affected as a result of it.  It provides
   empirical evidence that advice in this area is warranted.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 21:00:30 -0300

Folks,

FWIW, This latest rev mostly just polishes the text, and adds 
additionally references.

We have also added Section "   4.  Issues with the Specification of 
Transient Numeric Identifiers" regarding the general issues with the 
specification of numeri ids, since folks noted that this is important 
material to have in this document.

Thanks!

Regards,
Fernando

-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492