Subject: [Pearg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:10:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Privacy Enhancements and Assessments Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : On the Generation of Transient Numeric Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation-07.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2021-02-02

Abstract:
   This document performs an analysis of the security and privacy
   implications of different types of "transient numeric identifiers"
   used in IETF protocols, and tries to categorize them based on their
   interoperability requirements and their associated failure severity
   when such requirements are not met.  Subsequently, it provides advice
   on possible algorithms that could be employed to satisfy the
   interoperability requirements of each identifier category, while
   minimizing the negative security and privacy implications, thus
   providing guidance to protocol designers and protocol implementers.
   Finally, it describes a number of algorithms that have been employed
   in real implementations to generate transient numeric identifiers,
   and analyzes their security and privacy properties.  This document is
   a product of the Privacy Enhancement and Assessment Research Group
   (PEARG) in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/