Subject: [Pearg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:30:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Privacy Enhancements and Assessments Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-06-13

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the timeline of the specification and
   implementation of different types of "transient numeric identifiers"
   used in IETF protocols, and how the security and privacy properties
   of such protocols have been affected as a result of it.  It provides
   empirical evidence that advice in this area is warranted.  This
   document is a product of the Privacy Enhancement and Assessment
   Research Group (PEARG) in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/