Subject: [Pearg] Membership Drive - Association of Cyber Forensics

From: Andrew Zayine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 20:53:59 +0100

The Association of Cyber Forensics and Threat Investigators (ACFTI) is
an ambitious, non-profit technical organisation focusing on the
academics and research of cybersecurity, digital forensics, incident
response, and threat investigations and their influence to the
society. ACFTI started in 2016 as an initiative dedicated to promoting
all areas of cybersecurity, digital forensics, incident response, and
threat investigations in Latin America, but efforts were
systematically consolidated in 2020 to report new developments and
latest proven methodologies and to publish scholarly research
presenting the current research issues and advances in the mentioned
areas. Listed in the Union of International Associations with UIA Org
ID AA1922.

Website: https://www.acfti.org/
Twitter: @acfti
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ACFTI/

Association Growth Initiative
----------------------------------

In response to the growing fragmentation of applied knowledge in
cybersecurity, digital forensics, incident response, and threat
investigations, ACFTI has successfully established an international
workshops series, which successfully held two workshops in Dubai and
Germany. ACFTI also maintains a free open-access journal "Journal of
Cyber Forensics and Advanced Threat Investigations". Thanks to our
industry partners, and financial supporters who made this possible.

We are planning to get involved in more projects, events, and
activities more relevant to our areas of interest.

Membership Drive and Volunteers Needed
----------------------------------

To achieve our goals of increasing growth in society, We are seeking
to increase our members and are looking for volunteers to join us and
to establish special interest groups and chapters across different
disciplines and countries. All are welcome (early career researchers,
academics, students, practitioners, experienced researchers, civil
servants), underrepresented groups in cybersecurity are especially
welcome to join us as well.

If you are doing applied research in any of our areas of interest, or
you are simply interested in cybersecurity, feel free to fill out this
Google form as an Expression of Interest in joining the "Association
of Cyber Forensics and Threat Investigators".
https://forms.gle/adUy9cA8yzTzx96z5
After receiving the Expression of Interest, you will be invited to our
communication platform where we can coordinate the community and set
up events and other collaboration opportunities.

What do We Offer
----------------------------------

ACFTI offers the possibility of making an impact by offering
collaboration in joint projects and activities, internships for
students, training and continuing professional education, research
achievement/outstanding service awards to recognize outstanding
individuals who have made a significant contribution to cybersecurity,
digital forensics, incident response, and threat investigations every
year. ACFTI is also in the process of setting up a fellow award to
recognize outstanding leaders of the profession who have made
significant, nationally recognized contributions to cybersecurity,
digital forensics, incident response, and threat investigations. A
fellow is the highest classification of ACFTI membership.

Finally, feel free to forward this email to colleagues or others that
might be interested.

Sent By: Andrew Zayine, on behalf of the President of the association board
Prof. John William Walker
Nottingham Trent University,
Cyber Security Researcher/Consultant, and Practicing Expert Witness,
Cybersec Innovation Partners Ltd, London, SE1 9SG, United Kingdom.