Subject: [Pesci-discuss] the name

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:48:27 -0700

in an attempt to start discussion with a matter of some import:

I well might have missed Brian, or someone else, explaining this, but I'm not
clear how to pronounce this acronym.

It would make semantic sense to go in either of two directions:

1. "pesky" both because it is a pesky topic and because it requires paying
attention to pesky details

2. "peshy" because we are fishing for a solution.

Is there guidance on this dilemma?

d/
-- 

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  +1.408.246.8253
  dcrocker  a t ...
  WE'VE MOVED to:  www.bbiw.net

_______________________________________________
Pesci-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pesci-discuss

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:55:33 +0200

Needless to say, the ambiguity in the interpretation of
the name was intentional, so there is no answer to Dave's
question.

At the moment there are about 25 people on this list.
Almost critical mass to start some discussion. I'll be sorting
through the list of volunteers/nominees for the design team
tomorrow.

     Brian