Subject: [Pesci-discuss] PESCI BOF plans for Vancouver

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:47:40 +0200

Hi,

We are on target to get a draft submitted by the cutoff (October 17).
The plan is to hold a BOF in Vancouver, kindly hosted as Acting General Area
ADs by Bert Wijnen and Sam Hartman. The final description and agenda
isn't agreed yet, but here is the current draft (comments welcome).

We also expect to give a report from the BOF in plenary.

      Brian

BOF description:

The IETF Chair has gathered a team called PESCI - Process Evolution
Committee of the IETF.

This team has (this will be true when the BOF rolls around) published a
document which contains two parts:

- A list of principles that the committee feels should underlie the search
for improvements to the IETF process

- A list of next steps that the committee feels should be undertaken in
order to get the necessary next process reform steps done.

The BOF seeks input on these two topics, and is expected to conclude that
either the next steps suggested by PESCI are untenable, or that the next
steps should be pursued (possibly modified based on feedback).

The PESCI team will report the conclusions from the BOF in the plenary.

BOF Agenda:

- 5 minutes: Agenda bashing
- 10 minutes: Presentation of PESCI Principles
- 15 minutes: Discussion of PESCI Principles
- 10 minutes: Presentation of PESCI's proposed next steps
- 15 minutes: Discussion of PESCI's proposed next steps
- 5 minutes: Summary and conclusions

Reading list:

draft-*-pesci-* (name not yet set)

_______________________________________________
Pesci-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pesci-discuss