Subject: RE: [Pesci-discuss] For whom it may concern..

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:12:39 -0600

> I think Ted Hardie put
> his finger on something rather vital when he stated the need
> for more parallelism. For a community that builds high performance
> routers, this should be obvious. Regardless of formal process
> change, we need to increase parallelism.

Right.

To reiterate a proposal from a while ago
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg35135.html:

1. WG takes over full responsibility for RFC production ==> parallel
processing
2. IESG maintains RFC quality with uniform WG process created,
maintained, and enforced by IESG.

WG procedures would be developed to ensure RFC quality.  The procedures
would be created, maintained, and enforced by the IESG.  

I see no reason this couldn't be made to work, proof is that it works
like this, successfully, in other SDOs.

Jerry Ash

_______________________________________________
Pesci-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pesci-discuss