Subject: RE: [TIME-LIST] RE: draft-ietf-pilc-asym-00.txt

From: Jan Kullander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:51:54 +0200

>I don't belive that Gorans scheme, judging from what he's 
>told on this list, is any more or any less problematic than 
>standard header compression.
>
>I don't quite understand how the acks are being played back
>by the decompressor, though. Are all acks delayed the same
>amount? (I.e., departure time = arrival time in compressor's 
>queue + K, where K is the one-way delay across the link)
>
>If so, is K the same for all acks, or is it only the
>same for the acks compressed into the same aggregated ack?
>
>Micke

Excellent question. The link delay for single ack aggregats are 
roughly equal. But K, as you define it, also contain delay induced
by e.g. competing traffic. In a contious ack flow the highest K will
hence add to the RTT and never go away if the departure time
were as you specified it.

This may be remided by speeding the decompression in a ack 
flow when a new compressed ack is received by the decompressor
prior the completion of preceding.

---------------------
Göran Johansson
Haider Shakargi
Jan Kullander