Subject: update on pilc drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 08:48:06 -0400

Spencer, Allison, and I have been working with the document authors to get
the PILC docs through the review process and into the RFC editor's queue.
Three drafts: PEP, ERROR, and SLOW, are through working group last call and
are fairly far along. (Many thanks to the authors for their last minute
editing.)  The other four will be getting more attention over the coming
weeks. Look for updated drafts of ASYM, ARQ, 2.5G3G, and LINK as they ready
for wg last call. Hopefully, these docs can get reviewed by the list before
the rush as we prepare for the next IETF.

Here's a run down on where we stand:

Performance Enhancing Proxies Intended to Mitigate Link-Related Degradations
(PEP): 
	- slightly modified title, abstract, and introduction
	- status: through IESG review, ready for RFC editor as Informational
RFC

End-to-end Performance Implications of Slow Links (SLOW):
	- added IANA (non-)considerations text
	- status: through wg last call, ready for IETF last call as BCP RFC

End-to-end Performance Implications of Links with Errors (ERROR): 
	- removed normative references to other PILC docs (to avoid holding
up publication), other minor editorial changes
	- status: updated draft submitted today (-07), through IESG review,
ready for RFC editor as BCP RFC

We'll be having an conference call with the authors this week to move 
	TCP Performance Implications of Network Asymmetry (ASYM) and
	Link ARQ issues for IP traffic (ARQ)
to working group last call. 

After that we'll be working on getting the last two working group drafts,
	TCP over 2.5G and 3G Wireless Networks (2.5G3G) and
	Advice for Internet Subnetwork Designers (LINK)
republished and into working group last call.
	
Hope this is helpful,

--aaron

---
 <<...OLE_Obj...>> 
Aaron Falk                                NET-36                         
Director, Advanced Product Development    PanAmSat Corporation
203.905.8275                              http://www.net-36.com