Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-khafizov-pilc-cdma2000-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:00:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP over CDMA2000 networks
	Author(s)	: F. Khafizov, M. Yavuz
	Filename	: draft-khafizov-pilc-cdma2000-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 20-Nov-01
	
The purpose of this document is to inform the Internet community of
the TCP optimization techniques that were found useful for
transmitting data over the CDMA2000 1x network. Our recommendations
are based on lab measurements and simulations of FTP data
transmissions over the CDMA2000 1x systems. Same recommendations
could be applicable to networks with similar characteristics (e.g.,
W-CDMA, GPRS, etc.) and therefore could be incorporated into the
existing document addressing performance implications of 2.5G/3G
networks [3].
This document does not specify an Internet standard and it does not
propose any changes to an Internet standard.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-khafizov-pilc-cdma2000-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-khafizov-pilc-cdma2000-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-khafizov-pilc-cdma2000-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.