Subject: Rev to ASYM-ID following WG Review

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:07:46 +0000

After much debate, a lot of suggested test, many comments, and a great
deal of looking at why section 3 exists... We will shortly issue a new
revision of the asym draft. 

It may come as a pleasant surprise that this is only SLIGHTLY different
to that sent for PILC WG Review !!! 

The key points are:

(i) The size of section 3 is reduced - many people were uncomfortable
with a large number of technology-dependent examples.  The section now
speaks only of the two under-lying roots of asymmetry. An appendix now
provides the list of example subnetworks exhibiting asymmetry.

(ii) The appendix text, mostly taken from the former section 3,
provides a set of examples. Placing the text in the appendix allows
slightly more detail, and specific examples to be quoted.  There are
small, but IMPORTANT, changes to the wording here to make the description
more technically relevant and correct.

(iii) Changes to the rest of the text are only MINOR, responding to NiTs
received, and some typos.

The new ID will be issued shortly, but if you need to see the revised
text before then, a rough formatted copy is currently at:
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ietf/draft-ietf-pilc-asym-07e.txt

Best wishes,

PILC ASYM Authors

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:47:15 -0500

All-

Since this rev of the ASYM draft was specifically to address comments
from working group last call, I'd like to take a hum to see if there
are any objections to calling this document done and forwarding it to
the IESG.

Strong/informed feelings of support or dissent should be sent to the
list.

--aaron

---

From: Dan Grossman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:14:58 -0500

My previous concerns have  been addressed, and I fully support forwarding it 
to the IESG.  Thanks again to the authors, especially Gorry.
Dan