Subject: section 4.2 of 2.5g/3g

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 00:00:34 -0500

Folks-

I think section 4.2 of the 2.5g/3g document is confusing.  And, it
is likely because there is a difference between the initial cwnd on
standards track and the initial window in experimental documents.  I
think the language can be cleaned up if RFC 2414.bis is published
(as a proposed standard) before this document (so, we can make a
concrete recommendation).

We (Sally Floyd, Craig Partridge and I) have submitted
draft-ietf-tsvwg-initwin-01.txt to the IESG.  The document has been
last called once and we revised it per some small-ish comments from
Allison.  I think we (the authors) expect this to go forward to the
RFC editor soon.

So, Allison- Can you tell us what the status of the initial window
I-D is?  And, if it is reasonable to edit the 2.5g/3g document to
reflect what the new initial window RFC will say (since 2.5g/3g will
-- hopefully -- enter the queue after the initial window ID)?

Thanks,
allman