Subject: arq draft revised

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:39:32 +0000 (GMT)

Gorry and I have submitted draft-ietf-link-arq-issues-04.txt, which
clarifies terminology use and fixes a couple of other minor nits based
on in-depth discussion with members of the IESG (Erik and Allison).

The changes lay in improved choices of detailed wording of the
material that we already had for clarity, while the recommendations of
the draft remain unchanged from -03.

In particular, the draft now talks more consistently of the physical
layer, of the channel, of link outages and frame corruption.

Retransmission back-off is also described more precisely (section
1.5), as is fast retransmit and recovery (section 3.1) as needing one
original and three dupacks - not just three dupacks. important to
stress the existence of the not-yet-duplicated ack.

We also added a reference to RFC1981 for IPv6 Path MTU discovery.
Other changes were syntactical/grammatical tidyups.

cheers,

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>