Subject: [pilc] An off topic question on a BCP.

From: Emmanuel Papirakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:53:38 -0500

Hi,

    I have noticed that the document:

- draft-ietf-pilc-asym-08.txt

now has BCP  status. It doesn't have an RFC number, although, I have 
seen other RFCs that hold the exact same status (2026 for example). I 
would like to know if it would be appropriate to cite this document as a 
BCP instead of a "work in progress" (and other than this document: 
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/261063.html).

Also, is it expected that this publication will obtain an RFC number at 
some point ?

Thank you

Emmanuel Papirakis

_______________________________________________
pilc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pilc
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html
http://pilc.grc.nasa.gov/

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:37:49 -0500 (EST)

> now has BCP  status. It doesn't have an RFC number, although, I have 

a BCP is a type of RFC

it will be published as a BCP RFC but is not a BCP until it is published
as a RFC

Scott

----