Subject: [pilc] Who maintains this list server?

From: Phil Karn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:06:41 -0800

Who maintains ietf-mx.ietf.org, 132.151.6.1? This machine handles the 
[email-masked] mailing list, which has been getting spammed regularly. 
When I forward the spam to spamcop, their scripts erroneously conclude 
that the spam originated with ietf-mx.ietf.org. That's because this 
machine is putting on an incorrect Received header with its own IP 
address instead of the sender's actual IP address.

You can verify this incorrect behavior by telnetting in. Note the bogus 
response to the EHLO command:

maggie.ka9q.net$ telnet 132.151.6.1 25
Trying 132.151.6.1...
Connected to 132.151.6.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-InterScan Version 3.7-Build_SOL_1070 $Date: 04/25/2002 11:54:0013$: 
Ready
220 ietf.org ESMTP IETF eMail ; Thu, 9 Jan 2003 03:00:05 -0500 (EST)
EHLO maggie.ka9q.net
250-ietf.org Hello ietf-mx.ietf.org [132.151.6.1], pleased to meet you
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 17000000
250-DSN
250-ONEX
250-XUSR
250 HELP

--Phil

_______________________________________________
pilc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pilc
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html
http://pilc.grc.nasa.gov/