Subject: [pilc] Workshop on Internet over 2.5G, 3G and WLAN - Barcelona -

From: Anna Calveras Augé <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:50:45 +0100

The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya –UPC-, as part of its
activities under the European Commission IST R&D programme, will hold
a workshop on Internet Usage over 2.5G, 3G and WLAN networks.

The workshop will take place in Barcelona, Spain, on March 6-7, 2003.
Registration is open. All workshop information can be found at
http://www-riu253.upc.es. The programme follows:

Day 1 – 6th March, 2003
8:45 - Official Opening
9:00 - Session 1 – Radio Access Networks: Practical experiences
Session opening: R. Chakravorty, GPRS optimisation,  Computer
Laboratory, University of Cambridge.
-O. Sallent, X. Reves. Radio resource management for packet services
in UMTS. UPC.
-M. Anindya Ghosh, WLAN deployments in hot spots, Kubiwireless

11:30 - Session 2 – Transport over Wireless Networks
Session opening: G. Montenegro, Performance Implications of Link
Characteristics (pilc). TCP over Second (2.5G) and Third (3G)
Generation Wireless Networks. SUN Microsystems
-A. Gurtov, Protocol tracing in GPRS. TeliaSonera.
-A. Calveras, TCP/IP performance optimisation in wireless interfaces.
UPC

15:00 – Session 3 – Services and Applications
Session opening: J. Helin, Developing Services and Applications for
2,5G and 3G Devices. TeliaSonera.
-L. Muñoz, The WAL: A performance enhancing proxy for heterogeneous
access. Universidad de Cantabria.
-J. Paradells, Wireless access: what applications do and should do.
UPC

Day 2 – 7th March, 2003
9:00 -  Session 4 – Contents for Wireless Internet.
Session opening: C. Gine Sado,  Mobile Multicast approaches to support
Multi-User services, Ericsson
-X. Hesselbach, Streaming on mobile. Present alternatives, UPC
-Ramsey Pryor, Applications on top of wireless. Some examples. RACEnet

11:30-13:30 Panel session and conclusions

--
=============================================================
Anna Calveras i Augé      http://www-mat.upc.es/~calveras/
                                        Tel: +34-93-401-60-13
                                        Fax: +34-93-401-59-81
ooo     C/Jordi Girona 1 i 3
ooo     Campus Nord UPC, Mod C3
ooo     08034 Barcelona, SPAIN
UPC     Departament d'Enginyeria Telemàtica (UPC)
=============================================================

_______________________________________________
pilc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pilc
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html
http://pilc.grc.nasa.gov/