Subject: [pilc] BOF proposing secure services for TCP-PEPs and other middleboxen

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:44:32 -0800

Folks on this list who are attending the San Francisco IETF might be
interested in attending this BoF.  Transport service at intermediaries
appears to refer to middleboxes acting at the transport layer.  The
draft identified below discusses security and policy requirements for
such boxes.

--aaron

----- Forwarded message from Allison Mankin <[email-masked]> -----

Transport Service at Intermediary BOF (intersec)

Friday, March 21 at 0900-1130
==============================

CHAIR:  Allison Mankin, [email-masked]

Mailing list:
[email-masked]
To subscribe - [email-masked]
Archive - http://psg.com/lists/intersec

Description

This BOF begins with the observation that there are some circumstances
in which systems overall can benefit if the end-system knows about a
transport service intermediary and sets out information for it, such
as TCP or QoS classifier information.  In particular, more secure
services may be possible.

The BOF will discuss requirements for a possible protocol in this
space and explore how IETF might work with these.

Proposed Agenda

Introduction, Chair
Requirements, Thomas Woo, [email-masked]
Differentiating from OPES, Markus Hofmann, [email-masked]
Architectural Discussion, TBD
Security Discussion, Steve Bellovin
Discussion: how should IETF work with these requirements?

Required for the discussion is to read 
draft-faynberg-intermediary-transport-00.txt

_______________________________________________
pilc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pilc
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html
http://pilc.grc.nasa.gov/