Subject: questions on PIM MIB

From: Desikan Saravanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:55:42 -0800

1. a typo issue:
the object pimCandidateRPHoldTime is no more called the same, but as
pimComponentCRPHoldTime.
but there are lot of places where it is being referred to as
pimCandidateRPHoldTime instead
of the new name.

2. the MIB does not accomodate the following.
a. how to configure a router as C-BSR?
i see a MIB variable pimInterfaceCBSRPreference. but why is it interface
table.
shouldnt that be in component table?

b. what is the BSR priority to advertise?

note: to resolve the above two, like pimComponentCRPHoldTime, 
we can have pimComponentBSRPriority. if set to zero, that says it is not a
C-BSR.

c. how to set the C-RP priority for a group.
we need a read-create object pimCandidatRPPriority for this in the C-RP
table.
(why RFC2362 forces C-RP-Adv msgs to be sent with priority zero?)

3. why do we need pimCandidateRPAddress per <group,mask> pair in the C-RP
table?
cant we have a single pimComponentRPAddress for this?

Desikan