Subject: (no subject)

From: liaohua <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:32:41 +0800

hi all:
    I have a question :

    Rfc2362 said when router recieve data from oif in LAN , it look for
the route of source,
        When found ,send metric preference and metric in assert .
        When not found , send 0x7fffffff and 0xffffffff.

    My question is : what is "found" or "not found " mean ?

    For example , for source 1.1.1.1 , the route table  have no match
for 1.1.1.1/32 , the best match is 1.1.1.0/24 (by OSPF,metric 5) or
0.0.0.0/0 (protocol ? metric ?), how can this router do ?

    Is the exist longest match (no default route) means "found"?

    thanks !
^_^

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:10:11 -0800 (PST)

> 0.0.0.0/0 (protocol ? metric ?), how can this router do ?

in this case 1.1.1.0/24 or 0.0.0.0/0 would constitute found, of course
1.1.1.0/24 would be used.  if, in this example, your route table had
neither a default nor a 1/x, then a route would be _not found_.

- rusty

---

From: liaohua <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 09:39:23 +0800

> neither a default nor a 1/x, then a route would be _not found_.

Default route means found ?
    Then is the router use the default route in assert if the best match is
the default route ?
        Then what metric for it ?  use the config value ? while other router
send another assert , the comparison may be wrong , I think ,when another
router send a assert with a same preference but a bigger ( to 1.1.1.1/32)
metric, compare with it ?and the default route win ?