Subject: [[email-masked]: Something to be aware of, something to consider]

From: Liming Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

FYI. New rule of game for WG ID submissions.

-Liming

------- Start of forwarded message -------
X-SMAP-Received-From: outside
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:13:54 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Something to be aware of, something to consider
X-X-Sender: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

Greetings,

Something to be aware of:

Beginning with the Oslo IETF, we will be placing an overhead transparency
in each room stating that the first two rows of chairs are reserved for
those who have read the documents.

While we have encouraged the practice of reserving the first two rows of
chairs for active and knowledable participants, this concept has not
worked its way into practice. This is an attempt to make it so, and to
reiterate the acceptableness of group chairs implementing such a policy.

Something to consider:

Currently, any initial I-D submission (-00.txt) for/to a working group in
the Transport Area requires an EXPLICIT OK from the chair. At a
recent meeting of the IESG, the idea of doing this for all WGs was
discussed, and it was felt that this practice should be adopted by all
IETF WGs.

Following the Oslo meeting, all -00 submissions which request a
draft-ietf-wg filename will be held pending okay from one of the WG
Chairs. IF the wg chair is not copied on the submission, the
Internet-Drafts administrator will forward the filename, title and
abstract to the WG Chairs.

If no response is received within 48 hours (give or take - we are still
flexible :-), the submission will be treated as an individual one.

Steve
------- End of forwarded message -------