Subject: WG Last Call?

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:51:09 -0800

Rumor has it that a Working Group Last Call was going to happen on the
PIM Dense and Sparse Mode specs, but it has not gone out yet.  Is this
going to happen?

Thanks,
  Bill

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:30:41 -0800

In message <[email-masked]> you write:
>> From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
>> 
>Yes this should happen. Except we still have an "applicability statement"
>document to be produced. Dave Meyer and Tom P both volunteered before,
>but I don't know what the status is at the moment. Tom and Dave, can you
>folks comment ?
>
>-Liming

I figure we'll need a seperate AS for dense mode and sparse mode.
However, an AS is NOT needed for proposed standard so this should
not hold us up. The AS is a requirement for draft standard.

Tom

---

From: Liming Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:26:47 -0800 (PST)

-Liming

---

From: Liming Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:19:32 -0800 (PST)

> From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
> 

Okay, then lets start the timer...

I'm submitting the sm draft now. It is the same as the last one posted
except for the following change, based on feedback at the DC meeting:

 o  New text to deal with source's first hop router receiving packets when
    there is no (S,G) state.

           5 If a packet is received from S on the RPF interface to S, and
             there is existing (*,G) but no (S,G) state, the implementation
             MUST guarantee that packets from this source are not forwarded
             via the RP Tree onto the source subnet. In the absence of
             other efficient mechanisms to enforce this, an implementation
             in this situation MAY create (S,G) state, with an outgoing
             interface list of null, and discard the packet.

Once the draft is in, lets start the WG last call timer.

 Thanks,
-Liming