Subject: Is Solaris 2.6 kernel PIM capable?

From: Shishir Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:38:47 +0530

Hello!

We are looking at implementing PIM-SM protocol on Solaris 2.6 sparc.

The question I have is:

Is Solaris 2.6 kernel completely capable to support PIM and has all the
required interfaces? I was looking at pimd implementation publicly
available and found few differences in netinet/ip_mroute.h and here are
few differences like:

- VIFF_REGISTER flag for vif structure is not defined on Solaris 2.6
- IGMPMSG_WHOLEPKT is not defined on Solaris 2.6

Can these things be accomplished other ways, or, some patches are
available for PIM support somewhere for Solaris 2.6?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Shishir
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shishir Jain
Ficon Technology
E-mail: mailto:[email-masked]
Web: http://www.ficon-tech.com

---

From: David Comay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:49:44 -0800 (PST)

Solaris 2.6 and its kernel are not currently able to support PIM.
However, Solaris 8 will have kernel support and you should be able to
run the standalone daemons referenced off

	http://catarina.usc.edu/pim/

under Solaris 8 which is available via early access from

	http://www.sun.com/developers/tools/solaris/

Cheers,

dsc