Subject: PIM-SM capability on Solaris 2.6/2.7

From: Renu Agarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:01:27 +0530

Hello!

We are looking at implementing PIM-SM protocol on Solaris 2.6 sparc.
The gated web site claims that it is available on Solaris 2.6 and 2.7.

Can someone please let us know whether it runs directly over solaris or
requires some kernel patches? As per my understanding Solaris 2.6 kernel
does not support the complete functionality required for PIM (specially
for Register).
How does the gated accomplishes the required functionality in the
absence of kernel patches? In case some patches are required, where are
these patches available?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,
Renu
-- 
___________________________________________________________
Renu Agarwal		E-mail: mailto:[email-masked]
Ficon Technology 	Web   : http://www.ficon-tech.com
___________________________________________________________