Subject: RE: compiling pimd 2.1.0-alpha28

From: "Jonathan Day" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:15:41 -0800

>Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
>From: "Terrelle Shaw" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: compiling pimd 2.1.0-alpha28
>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:20:57 -0800
>
>Hello all,
>     Wondering if anyone got pimd compiled and working on Linux. I'm using slackware
>7.1 and finding a few 'snafus'. One is a conflicting types for 'sys_errlist'.
>
>Anyone seen this?

Hi,

   I had all this fixed, with earlier kernels & glibc's, but someone must have decided I was getting lazy, and mucked everything up again. :)

   *Sigh*

   Anyway, since I'm the poor, innocent geek that got pimd Linux-ized, I may as well patch it to work with 2.4.x/glibc 2.2.

   One thing I'd like to suggest, -if- the current maintainers are OK with the idea, is mirroring the FTP sites for pimd and pimdd over on one of these free developer sites, such as Sourceforge. I've noticed that updates have been a little on the thin side, recently, and making the daemons more visible may help.

Jonathan Day

------------------------------------------------------------
--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/

---

From: "Terrelle Shaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:42:58 -0800

Just for info purposes...
Slackware 7.1 is still 2.2.x. I have no plans on moving to the 2.4 kernel on
this particular machine as of yet ( it serves other functions). So if you can
pass along the "linux-fying" for that particular kernel level, I would
appreciate it. Its actually at 2.2.18 ( which seems to have the kernel patches
for pimd already).

Thanks!

Terrelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Day [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 11:16 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: compiling pimd 2.1.0-alpha28

Hi,

   I had all this fixed, with earlier kernels & glibc's, but someone must have
decided I was getting lazy, and mucked everything up again. :)

   *Sigh*

   Anyway, since I'm the poor, innocent geek that got pimd Linux-ized, I may as
well patch it to work with 2.4.x/glibc 2.2.

   One thing I'd like to suggest, -if- the current maintainers are OK with the
idea, is mirroring the FTP sites for pimd and pimdd over on one of these free
developer sites, such as Sourceforge. I've noticed that updates have been a
little on the thin side, recently, and making the daemons more visible may help.

Jonathan Day