Subject: Urgent

From: tapabrata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:19:17 +0400

Hi  all,
 I  have a problem with cisco router .  The topology is simulated as
follows.

        -----                             -----
             mcast     |-    -   -   |      rtr 1
             src           |                    ------
                                                          |
                                                          |  DIface -1
                                                 ------
                                                 |   CISCO |
                                                 |   router    |
                                                     ------
                                                            |
                                                            |   DIface-2

                                                        --- ---
                                                             rtr 2
                                                        ------
     We are   simulating  two routers  on DIface-1 and DIface-2  . We
are sending hello and
      bootstrap message through Diface-1 .  We are also sending Hello
message from
      DIface-2 .  DUT is DR for DIface-1 and also for Diface-2
      We also add a  route to <mcast src >on cisco  making rtr-1 as
gateway.
           Then  we send a (S,G) Join message  through DIface-2 .
                  We  find that in  Cisco router  (S,,G ) state is
created and SPT bit is on . But
      the router does not forward (S,G) Join.
       We also see that  rtr-1 is the DR for the group G
        I have some quaries.
       1. According to the latest draft SPT bit is set iff data packet
is forwarded on the interface.
       2.  Is there any possibility to get (S,G) Join message on
Diface-2.  If not then how will
               we test (S,G) Join state is created . Whether  we test it
manually or by sending
                data packet.

---

From: John Zwiebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:15:23 -0700

tapabrata wrote:

Looking at section 4.2.1 (Update_STPbit), I don't see any requirement
to forward any mpackets.  If you want to implement a "turnaround router"
capability, its important to update timers etc. when you "see" data on
an interface.

You don't say what IOS version you use, but the latest ones "should"
only set the T-bit when the router actually sees data on the RPF
interface
to the source.

I do not understand the second query.

> _______________________________________________
> Pim-external mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailist.procket.com/mailman/listinfo/pim-external