Subject: active (*,G) forwarding entry

From: "Jyotheeswara Rao Kurma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 11:49:42 +0500

Hi :

  I have a small question . In the (*,G) assert state machine, when I 
receive inferior assert, and couldAssert(*,G,I) is true , with rpt bit 
set , It says send an assert and move to assert winner state, if you 
have an active (*,G) forwarding entry, What does this active entry 
means ? 

Anybody can help ? 
Thnaks,
Jyotheesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it 
as such. 
-- Henry Miller

---

From: Chris Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:23:38 -0700

As I understand it, an active *,G forwarding state is one that has outgoing
interfaces and has not timed out. 

Regards-
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Jyotheeswara Rao Kurma [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 11:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: active (*,G) forwarding entry 

Hi :

Anybody can help ? 
Thnaks,
Jyotheesh