Subject: Re: [pim] RPF_INTF_STOPS_BEING_I

From: "Jyotheeswara Rao Kurma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:53:00 +0500

> Now, your question is about the IIF changing and so not directly 
> relatedto
> the reason for waiting for the assert.  This portion of the spec 
> is only
> discussing asserts and FWIW, you are now in the No_info state WRT
> asserts.
> So now you need to refer to 4.2.2, where the last line in that section
> refers
> you to 4.4.7 "Sending (S,G) Join/Prune Messages".
> 
> This section is talking only about the upstream interface.  Since in
> your
> question, the RPF interface is no longer the same, then "JoinDesired"
> for
> that interface becomes false and the SPT-bit (for that interface) is
> cleared.

   I didn't get what is this SPT-bit for that interface. RPF intf 
towards S has changed, SO, I will set SPT bit to zero, I will wait till 
the time packets arrive on the new-correct-IIF , then only I am sure 
that packets start flowing down the new SPT , so again I will set the 
SPT for that (S,G) ,at that time. Mean while I will listen for packets 
from the shared tree, if at all if they are coming from RP.

Thanks,
Jyotheesh