Subject: [pim] acceptable assert for (*,G,I) assert state

From: "Ju, Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:08:12 -0500

Hi,
 
On page 87 of the draft about the (*,G,I) assert state machine,  it reads
"An "acceptable assert" is one that has a better metric than
     my_assert_metric(S,G,I).". However, which S do I chose to compare with
if I receive a (*,G) assert?
 
Thanks,
 
Yu

-----Original Message-----
From: Prashant Jhingran [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 8:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [pim] Enjoy Pim-Sm draft ver. 05 .....

 <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-05.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-05.txt

hi all,

        One can find  Pim-sm latest draft at the above given link.....hope
this might clear the ambiguities prevailing in the  04 ver. of the
draft...:-)

regards,

Prashant Jhingran