Subject: [pim] for the notice of users/admin

From: "Katta Sambasiva Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Mar 2002 04:58:05 -0000

hi,
I am experiencing some problem with PIM mail server. It is to 
bring to the notice of maintainers.

I had sent a mail to PIM mail group last month. It bounced, even 
though I am member of the group.

Now, I had sent a mail on 8th March and it reached everyone along 
with me only today(15th).
Also, Some people are using it for advertising campign. I received 
some such mails in last few weeks.

I am sorry for discussing about vendor related issues in mail 
group.

regards,
Katta

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:54:01 -0800

(Sorry about the off-topic email; any replies probably should
exclude the mailing list itself).

> though I am member of the group.

About a month or so ago, the mail system had been upgraded from
"majordomo" to "mailman", so during the transition there had been
some problems (unfortunately, I was not informed about that change
so I coudn't help to minimize those errors).
Your email probably had bounced because of some misconfiguration at
that time. Please resend it.
If you experience any problems in the future, please send an email
to [email-masked] (this email address is in the header
of each message).

> with me only today(15th).

Yes, this was an unfortunate side effect of the recent upgrade.
I took some short-term actions and informed the sysadmin there how
to fix the problem (FYI, the problem is a bug in libc).
In the mean time probably there are still some old emails in the
pipe...

> some such mails in last few weeks.

After the ML became closed for non-subscribers approx. 1 or 2 weeks
ago, this shoudn't be happening anymore.

> I am sorry for discussing about vendor related issues in mail 

Sorry, the ML is not moderated, so this is out of my control :)

Pavlin