Subject: [pim] pimd and gre tunnel

From: Matthew Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:44:30 +0100

Hi all,
	I've scoured the net and not had much joy in making this work. I would be 
most grateful if someone could give me a shove in the right direction.

I have the following set up:

   +-------------gre tunnel----------+
   +                                 +
CISCO-----Internet-----Firewall-----NAT----PC

The firewall also does NAT so the external side of my nat box has a 10 space 
address.

The firewall box is outside my control so I can't do anything to it. The NAT 
box IS under my control, as is the cisco.

I have a gre tunnel built from the NAT box to the Cisco to circumvent the 
Firewall. I have rfc1918 space inside on the PC lan.

I can recieve multicast on the NAT box (running Linux). simply by specifying a 
default multicast route and running something like sdr.

I can't however get multicast to the PC using this, which is what I want to do.

I went out and started reading stuff and came across pimd. Great I thought, 
this should sort out all my problems!

I'm running the latest pimd from usc and I can establish a neighbourship, 
however I don't seem to be able to join groups.

cisco#sh ip pim in t1

Address          Interface                Version/Mode    Nbr   Query     DR
                                                          Count Intvl
1.2.3.2          Tunnel1                  v2/Sparse        1    30     0.0.0.0

should I have a DR set here?

from the nat box:
Virtual Interface Table

  1   10.0.0.1          10/24                1        DR NO-NBR      
  2   1.2.3.3           1.2.3.3/32           1        DR PIM       1.2.3.4

anybody any clues?

Kind regards

Matthew

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim