Subject: [Fwd: Re: [pim] Switching from SPT to shared tree]

From: Fethi Filali <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:09:13 +0100

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [pim] Switching from SPT to shared tree
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:55:49 +0100
From: Fethi Filali <[email-masked]>
Organization: INRIA Sophia-Antipolis (http://www.inria.fr)
To: Sumanth Kanchireddy <[email-masked]>
References: <C28292F97CA2D6118E1300508B1080AC121C73@lvl7server1>

 > I am new to Pim-Sm and have been reading RFC2362. Is it possible to 
switch
 > from SPT to shared tree when the data rate falls below some level at the
 > last hop router. Does the RFC2362 have any provisions for it. How 
about in

As I know most of routers (CISCO, etc.) switches directly to the SPT
after receiving the first packet from the RPT (ie. the threshold is set
to 0).

We did some work on an enhanced coordination-based swithing mechanism
for PIM-SM that takes into the QoS requirements of members concerned by
the swithcing which is available at
ftp://ftp-sop.inria.fr/rodeo/filali/pub/filali-itc2002.ps

Fethi.

-- 
0----------------------------------------------------------------0
| Mr. Fethi FILALI        |  http://www.inria.fr/planete/filali  |
| Ph.D. Student, INRIA    |  Work:     +33 4 92 38 76 70         |
| Fax: +33 4 92 38 79 78  |  Cellular: +33 6 20 32 85 73         |
0----------------------------------------------------------------0

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim