Subject: [pim] Query about the ipMRouteSourceMask in RFC 2392

From: "Bandi, Sarveshwar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:31:52 -0500

Hi All,
       The IPv4 Mulitcast Routing MIB provides ipMRouteSourceMask which is a
part of ipMrouteEntry. From PIM-SM point of view, Can the value of this mask
be anything other than 32 or "not used" (for (*,G) entries where source and
mask will not be used)? The defintion of all macros and scenerios in the
pim-sm draft seem to refer to proper 32bit source addresses. So to me the
answer seems to be No. Please let me know if i am overlooking something over
here.

Thanks and regards,
Sarvesh

Sarveshwar Bandi

Member, Technical Staff
Netplane Network Technologies (India) Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.netplane.com
Ph: +91-40-355 3709/10/11/12 Extn: 1126
Fax: +91-40-355 3713

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim