Subject: [pim] BIDIR-PIM: Win State: case "DFT Expires and MC = Election_Robustness" missing

From: Mark Doll <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 13:51:44 +0200

Dear PIM specifiers,

I think in draft-ietf-pim-bidir-07.txt section 3.5.3.5 the case "DFT 
Expires and MC = Election_Robustness" in Win State is missing (actions 
would be: -> Win; Send Winner).

Regards, Mark Doll.

P.S.: Some more syntactic comments:

3.5.3.5:
In change history section 6 you claim to follow the format of the new 
PIM-SM spec. In PIM-SM "-> State" is also used for the cases where the 
state remains unchanged. IMHO this is clearer than "-".

The terms "BOperiod", "Robustness", "Timer" and "OPlow_int" are 
unspecified although it is clear that "Backoff_Period", 
"Election_Robustness", "DFT" and "OPlow" are meant.

So maybe simply substitute s/OPlow_int/OPlow/ (2x), s/Timer/DFT/ (2x), 
s/Robustness/Election_Robustness/ and add a note to the state tables 
that BOperiod means Backoff_Period (since Backoff_Period does not
fit directly into the tables). Or alternatively change the value name to 
BOPeriod (change in section 3.5.2.2 s/Backoff_Period/Backoff Period/ 
(3x) and in section 3.6: s/Backoff_Period/BOperiod/, s/Period 
that/Backoff Period that/ (in Explanation))?!.

3.4.1: s/no the DF/not the DF/
3.5.3.1: s/Path message/Pass message/

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim