Subject: [pim] I-D ACTION:draft-savola-pim-lasthop-threats-01.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:54:00 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

With significant help from James, we have addressed all the comments 
sent so far, significantly revising and clarifying 
draft-savola-pim-lasthop-threats-01.txt.

Further comments are obviously still welcome, as well as thoughts how 
to go from here.  The options seem to be roughly:

  1) make this an Informational RFC of its own (wg adoption?)
     - maybe with informative reference from PIM spec
  2) merge it to the PIM-SM spec's security considerations now
  3) wait until the IESG evaluations etc. if security people would like
     to see it merged, if so, do it then
  4) wait (a probably long time? :) until the spec goes to draft
     standard and merge it then.
  5) drop the project..

This may be something to discuss in Minneapolis unless we this gets 
resolved by then..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:06:13 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-pim-lasthop-threats-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 	Title		: Last-hop Threats to Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)
 	Author(s)	: P. Savola, J. Lingard
 	Filename	: draft-savola-pim-lasthop-threats-01.txt
 	Pages		: 11
 	Date		: 2005-1-17

Security threats analysis has been done on some parts of the
    multicast infrastructure, but the threats specific to the last-hop
    attacks by hosts on the PIM routing protocol have not been well
    described in the past.  This memo aims to fill that gap.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-pim-lasthop-threats-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 	"get draft-savola-pim-lasthop-threats-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 	[email-masked].
In the body type:
 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-pim-lasthop-threats-01.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim