Subject: [pim] PIM DM - RPF' (S, G)

From: Kannan K S <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:28:35 +0800

Hi all, 

   As per RFC 3973; 

       neighbor RPF'(S,G) {

if ( I_Am_Assert_loser(S, G, RPF_interface(S) )) {

   return AssertWinner(S, G, RPF_interface(S) )

} else {

  return MRIB.next_hop( S )

}

   }

In case of IPv6, next_hop (S) maybe a link-local address then RPF' (S, G)
should return both RPF Interface and next_hop, not only next_hop since the
same link local address can be configured on many interfaces. 

Consider a scenario where Intf1 is in AckPending state and when it receives
a GraftAck from another interface say Intf2 with same RPF' neighbor address
will cause the upstream state in Intf1 to move to Forwarding state. 

Kannan.

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim