Subject: [pim] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt

From: Bharat Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:27:57 +0530

Dear all,

During publication of PIM MIB, authors received some comments on the
PIM RP selection algorithm. http://www1.tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5060#page-66

We bring the issue to the PIM WG in this new draft.

Thanks,
Bharat, Andy, David
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked] [[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : PIM Group-to-RP Mapping
        Author(s)       : B. Joshi, A. Kessler, D. McWalter
        Filename        : draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt
        Pages           : 14
        Date            : 2008-2-13

Each PIM-SM router in a PIM Domain which supports ASM maintains
   Group-to-RP mappings which are used to identify a RP for a specific
   multicast group.  PIM-SM has defined an algorithm to choose a RP from
   the Group-to-RP mappings learned using various mechanisms.  This
   algorithm does not allow administrator to override a specific Group-to-RP mapping with the static Group-to-RP mapping which an
   administrator would want to use.  This algorithm also does not
   consider the PIM mode and the mechanism through which a Group-to-RP
   mapping was learned.

   This document first explains the requirements to extend the
   Group-to-RP mapping algorithm and then proposes the new algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

Q29udGVudC1UeXBlOiBtZXNzYWdlL2V4dGVybmFsLWJvZHk7IGFjY2Vzcy10eXBlPW1haWwtc2Vy
dmVyOw0KCXNlcnZlcj0ibWFpbHNlcnZAaWV0Zi5vcmciDQoNCkNvbnRlbnQtVHlwZTogdGV4dC9w
bGFpbg0KQ29udGVudC1JRDogPDIwMDgtMi0xMzA5MzczNi5JLURAaWV0Zi5vcmc+DQoNCkVOQ09E
SU5HIG1pbWUNCkZJTEUgL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0cy9kcmFmdC1qb3NoaS1waW0tZ3JvdXAtcnAt
bWFwcGluZy0wMC50eHQNCg==
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim