Subject: [pim] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-joshi-pim-protocol-state-diag-00.txt]

From: Bharat Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:58:22 +0530

Hi All,

    We have submitted this draft which extends PIM-SM protocol to
diagnose PIM Protocol states.

    Please review this document and let us know your comments.

Thanks,
Bharat

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-joshi-pim-protocol-state-diag-00.txt
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:30:01 +0530
List-Id: <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : PIM Protocol States Diagnostics
        Author(s)       : B. Joshi, A. Patel, J. Kulkarni
        Filename        : draft-joshi-pim-protocol-state-diag-00.txt
        Pages           : 23
        Date            : 2008-2-14

Multicast networks are being deployed in large numbers.  It becomes
   very important that, proper mechanisms are in place for
   troubleshooting error conditions and diagnosing other failure
   situations.  Since multicasting has little support from IP in this
   matter (since ICMP does not support multicasting and broadcasting) it behooves that, multicast routing protocols, embed these features in
   themselves.

   There are various debugging tools available to debug Multicast
   connectivity [ssmping][3] and to trace multicast routes [mtrace][4]
   but there is none to diagnose, troubleshoot routing protocol states.
   Since PIM protocol family is probably the most widely used multicast
   routing protocol, this draft suggests an extension to PIM protocol to
   diagnose and troubleshoot various PIM states in PIM routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-joshi-pim-protocol-state-diag-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-joshi-pim-protocol-state-diag-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-joshi-pim-protocol-state-diag-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Q29udGVudC1UeXBlOiBtZXNzYWdlL2V4dGVybmFsLWJvZHk7IGFjY2Vzcy10eXBlPW1haWwtc2Vy
dmVyOw0KCXNlcnZlcj0ibWFpbHNlcnZAaWV0Zi5vcmciDQoNCkNvbnRlbnQtVHlwZTogdGV4dC9w
bGFpbg0KQ29udGVudC1JRDogPDIwMDgtMi0xNDEzNTExMC5JLURAaWV0Zi5vcmc+DQoNCkVOQ09E
SU5HIG1pbWUNCkZJTEUgL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0cy9kcmFmdC1qb3NoaS1waW0tcHJvdG9jb2wt
c3RhdGUtZGlhZy0wMC50eHQNCg==
W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9ZnRwOi8vZnRwLmlldGYub3JnL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0
cy9kcmFmdC1qb3NoaS1waW0tcHJvdG9jb2wtc3RhdGUtZGlhZy0wMC50eHQNCg==
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim