Subject: Re: [pim] Comments to rp mapping discussion

From: "Andy Kessler (kessler)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:31:56 -0700

You can turn down the timers in autorp and the changes will be propagated and active immediately. But we can take that offline ;-)

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	John Zwiebel (jzwiebel)
Sent:	Thursday, July 31, 2008 02:23 PM Pacific Standard Time
To:	Andy Kessler (kessler)
Cc:	John Zwiebel (jzwiebel); Leonard Giuliano; [email-masked]
Subject:	Re: [pim] Comments to rp mapping discussion

On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Andy Kessler (kessler) wrote:

	Right, BSR doesn't work with scoping. Does that change your

	other comment that BSR works better than AutoRP ;-)

Torless contradicts you, but IMHO, whichever -- BSR still works
better for me but that's from a testing perspective when I 
don't really care to wait for minutes to see if the changes I've
configured have been transmitted to the rest of the network.

If one is talking about an enterprise, the things I value may not
be important.

:-)
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: John Zwiebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:10:01 -0700

On Jul 31, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Andy Kessler (kessler) wrote:

> You can turn down the timers in autorp and the changes will be  
> propagated and active immediately. But we can take that offline ;-)
>
>

That isn't true.  It depends on how much you turn it down,
at the expense of sending out many more control packets.
vs. sending a triggered change only when necessary.