Subject: [pim] I didnot get the concept of "handling router failure" in rfc 3973 in section 4.3.4

From: "sandeep kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:22:34 +0530

Hi,

I didnot get the below concept:

   If the neighbor is downstream, the router MAY replay the last State
Refresh message for any (S,G)
   pairs for which it is the Assert Winner indicating Prune and Assert
   status to the downstream router.  These State Refresh messages SHOULD
   be sent out immediately after the Hello message.  If the neighbor is
   the upstream neighbor for an (S,G) entry, the router MAY cancel its
   Prune Limit Timer to permit sending a prune and reestablishing a
   Pruned state in the upstream router.

   Upon startup, a router MAY use any State Refresh messages received
   within Hello_Period of its first Hello message on an interface to
   establish state information.  The State Refresh source will be the
   RPF'(S), and Prune status for all interfaces will be set according to
   the Prune Indicator bit in the State Refresh message.  If the Prune
   Indicator is set, the router SHOULD set the PruneLimitTimer to
   Prune_Holdtime and set the PruneTimer on all downstream interfaces to
   the State Refresh's Interval times two.  The router SHOULD then
   propagate the State Refresh as described in Section 4.5.1.
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim