Subject: [pim] AD review of draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:33:38 -0500

I have done my usual AD review of this draft before progressing it.  I have
a few comments below - of which the first must be addressed.  I will have
this start in IETF Last Call as is with the expectation of an update very
soon.  I do apologize for taking so long to process the draft.
Thanks for the work to update and advance PIM to Internet Standard!

1) The header needs to specfy "Obsoletes 4601" and the Abstract should be
modified to say
"This document obsoletes RFC 4601 by replacing it, addressing the errata
filed against it, removing  the optional (*,*,RP) and PIM Multicast Border
Router features that lack sufficient deployment experience (see Appendix
A), and moving the PIM specification to Internet Standard."

instead of just

"This document addresses errata filed against RFC 4601, and removes the
optional (*,*,RP) feature that lacks sufficient deployment experience."

Nits:

1) In Sec 6.3.2.2:  The "to" was removed from this sentence incorrectly.
"In order to simplify the management problem, it may be acceptable use
the same authentication algorithm and authentication parameters,
regardless of the sending RP and regardless of the destination DR."

2) Typo in Appendix A: PIM Mulitcast Border Router (PMBR)

Thanks,
Alia