Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:27:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)
        Authors         : Bill Fenner
                          Mark Handley
                          Hugh Holbrook
                          Isidor Kouvelas
                          Rishabh Parekh
                          Zhaohui (Jeffrey) Zhang
                          Lianshu Zheng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 133
	Date            : 2015-02-23

Abstract:
   This document specifies Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
   (PIM-SM).  PIM-SM is a multicast routing protocol that can use the
   underlying unicast routing information base or a separate multicast-
   capable routing information base.  It builds unidirectional shared
   trees rooted at a Rendezvous Point (RP) per group, and optionally
   creates shortest-path trees per source.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4601 by replacing it, addresses the
   errata filed against it, removes the optional (*,*,RP) and PIM
   Multicast Border Router features that lack sufficient deployment
   experience (see Appendix A) and moves the PIM specification to
   Internet Standard.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/