Subject: [pim] pimd acting as a multicast proxy

From: Paul Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 08:22:35 +0000

Hi,

I am very new to pimd - I only built it today to try and get around an issue with igmpproxy when using multiple instances. What I am trying to achieve is getting pimd to receive multicast feed on one interface and then broadcast it out another interface.

In igmp proxy land it is just an downstream and upstream setup.

Any configuration advice will be well received.

Thanks for your time,
Paul

The information in this email is confidential, it may also be privileged and 
is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you have received 
this email in error, please do not distribute it, notify me and destroy the
original message and all copies.  The unauthorised use of this email may result 
in liability for breach of confidentiality, privilege or copyright. E-mail 
transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information 
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or 
contain viruses. The sender does not accept liability for errors or omissions 
in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

---

From: Paul Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 08:02:12 +0000

Thanks for the response.

Did you use Quagga in it’s place?

Is it even possible for pimd to act as a multicast proxy?

Thanks,
Paul

From: Daniel Cave [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 September 2015 1:31 AM
To: Paul Young <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [pim] pimd acting as a multicast proxy

I tried doing this a few months ago without success.

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Sep 2015, at 09:22, Paul Young <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi,

I am very new to pimd – I only built it today to try and get around an issue with igmpproxy when using multiple instances. What I am trying to achieve is getting pimd to receive multicast feed on one interface and then broadcast it out another interface.

Thanks for your time,
Paul

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim