Subject: [pim] Document Action: 'PIM Join Attributes for LISP Environments' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 12:47:18 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PIM Join Attributes for LISP Environments'
  (draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp-06.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp/

Technical Summary

   This document defines two PIM Join/Prune attributes that support the
   construction of multicast distribution trees where the root and
   receivers are located in different LISP sites.  These attributes
   allow the receiver site to select between unicast and multicast
   underlay transport and to convey the receiver ETR's RLOC address to
   the control plane of the root ITR.

Working Group Summary

  There were several comments on the mailing list during the WGLC. Both 
  the PIM and LISP WG's were included. All comments have been addressed.

Document Quality

   At least two vendors have indicated that they have implemented the 
   functionality documented in this draft.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Mike McBride, PIM WG co-chair. 
   Alvaro Retana is the Area Director.