Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:21:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Null register packing
        Authors         : Vikas Ramesh Kamath
                          Ramakrishnan Chokkanathapuram Sundaram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   In PIM-SM networks PIM registers are sent from the first hop router
   to the RP (Rendezvous Point) to signal the presence of Multicast
   source in the network.  There are periodic PIM Null registers sent
   from first hop router to the RP to keep the state alive at the RP as
   long as the source is active.  The PIM Null register packet carries
   information about a single Multicast source and group.  This document
   defines a standard to send multiple Multicast source and group
   information in a single pim Null register packet and the
   interoperability between the PIM routers which do not understand the
   packet format with multiple Multicast source and group details.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/