Subject: [pim] Suggested text for pim-dr-improvement on relationship to bdr draft

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 09:36:47 -0700

Hi

We discussed in the last pim meeting that this and the draft
draft-mankamana-pim-bdr-02.txt should have some text explaining what
is the difference between them, to make it less confusing for people.

What do you think about saying that "This draft allows DR election to
be sticky by not unnecessarily changing the DR when routers go down or
come up. This is done by introducing new PIM Hello options". Both this
draft, and the draft [draft-mankamana-pim-bdr] introduce a backup DR.
The latter draft does this without introducing new options, but does
not consider the sticky behavior.

The other draft should add text explaining the same.

What do you think?

Regards,
Stig

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:55:03 +0800 (CST)

Hi Stig,

Sorry for late response! I missed this email. 

I will add the sentence you mentioned in new version.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Sandy

原始邮件

发件人：StigVenaas <[email-masked]>
收件人：[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
日 期 ：2019年07月03日 00:38
主 题 ：Suggested text for pim-dr-improvement on relationship to bdr draft

Hi

What do you think?

Regards,
Stig