Subject: [pim] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 14:52:21 -0400

Dear All,
thank you for all the comments you've shared. I've updated the draft to
address:

   - removed "updates RFC 7761"
   - re-worded requirements for the case when the
   [I-D.ietf-pim-dr-improvement] is used. Now it reads not s "MUST follow ..."
   but as "MUST be present ..."
   - added how the BFD TLV may be used in combination with
   [I-D.mankamana-pim-bdr]. I've added [I-D.mankamana-pim-bdr] as Normative
   even though it is Informational. Personally, I believe that the draft
   should be on the Standard track as it does define the procedure of bringing
   up a new S-PIM router on the shared-media segment.

Much appreciate your reviews, comments, and consideration of WG LC on this
draft.

Regards,
Greg
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 2:44 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02.txt
To: Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Ji Xiaoli <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case
Revision:       02
Title:          Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multi-point
Networks and Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) Use Case
Document date:  2019-07-25
Group:          pim
Pages:          7
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-02

Abstract:
   This document discusses the use of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
   (BFD) for multi-point networks to provide nodes that participate in
   Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) with the sub-
   second convergence.  Optional extension to PIM-SM Hello, as specified
   in RFC 7761, to bootstrap point-to-multipoint BFD session. also
   defined in this document.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat