Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 18:14:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multi-point Networks and Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) Use Case
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Ji Xiaoli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2020-01-22

Abstract:
   This document discusses the use of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
   (BFD) for multi-point networks to provide nodes that participate in
   Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) with the sub-
   second convergence.  Optional extension to PIM-SM Hello, as specified
   in RFC 7761, to bootstrap point-to-multipoint BFD session. also
   defined in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 13:21:38 -0800

Dear All,
that update to the draft describes using p2mp BFD in the DR Load Balancing
scenario.
Your comments, questions, and suggestions are most welcome and always
appreciated.

Dear Mike and Stig,
authors believe that the draft is ready for WG LC. We greatly appreciate
your consideration of starting the WG LC.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 6:14 PM
Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-03.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for
Multi-point Networks and Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
(PIM-SM) Use Case
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Ji Xiaoli
        Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-bfd-p2mp-use-case-03.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 2020-01-22

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim