Subject: [pim] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-15: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 09:39:28 -0800

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-15: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This yang modules makes use of RFC8177’s ietf-key-chain module.  Please add a
reference to this draft inheriting RFC8177’s security considerations and
associated considerations (see draft-ietf-ospf-yang for reusable language).

Please also clarify the link between the password and RFC8177 per the following
snippet of the YANG module in the Security Considerations.
    grouping authentication-container {
...
      container authentication {
        if-feature peer-authentication;
...
        choice authentication-type {
...
          }
          case password {

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Ben Kaduk’s DISCUSS.  The binding between the authentication
container and MSDP isn’t clear.