Subject: [pim] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 08:16:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)'
  (draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a YANG data model for the configuration and 
   management of the Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) Protocol.

Working Group Summary

   The WG has a YANG model design team. 6 member of the team 
   (from a handful of vendors) have worked on this. It is based on 
   implementations from these and other vendors. This indicates 
   good vendor support.

Document Quality

   The implementation status is unknown, but the interest from several
   vendors is promising.  The document has been reviewed in the WG,
   by the YANG doctors and others.

Personnel

  Stig Venaas is the shepherd, Alvaro Retana is the AD.