Subject: [pim] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 18:19:17 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ballot position under construction]

I'm assuming the sponsoring AD approved the presence of six authors on the
document, exceeding our normal limit of five.

I'm a YANG newbie so for the moment I'm going to defer to those more expert at
evaluating the syntax and semantics of the model described in Sections 3 and 4
while I go learn more about YANG in general.

Thus, the only feedback I have is editorial stuff in Section 5:
* "Modifying the configuration can cause MSDP default peers to be deleted or
the connection to be rebuilt, and the SA's unexpected filtering." -- does that
last clause mean "unexpected filtering by the SA"? * "The key misoperation will
broke the existed MSDP connection ... " -- s/broke the existed/break the
existing/, right? * "These are the subtrees and data nodes and their
sensitivity/vulnerability:" followed by a list of one subtree/node.  Maybe just
turn that into prose and name the singular subtree? * "... may lead to forged
connection attack, ..." -- s/to/to a/ * "... the ACL nodes uncorrected
modification may lead to the filter errors." -- "nodes" should be "node's" or
"nodes'" * "The unauthorized reading function ..." -- perhaps "Unauthorized
reads"? * "... allow the unexpected peer connection rebuilding." -- maybe
"allow the unexpected rebuilding of connection peers"? * "Authentication
configuration is supported ..." -- feels like this should start a new paragraph

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 06:47:56 -0700

On April 12, 2020 at 9:19:18 PM, Murray Kucherawy wrote:

Hi Murray!

> document, exceeding our normal limit of five.

Yes, I did.

Thanks!

Alvaro.