Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 16:48:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : P2MP Policy Ping
        Authors         : Hooman Bidgoli
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Rishabh Parekh
                          Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-12-08

Abstract:
   SR P2MP policies are set of policies that enable architecture for
   P2MP service delivery.  A P2MP Policy consists of candidate paths
   that connects the Root of the Tree to a set of Leaves.  The P2MP
   policy is composed of replication segments.  A replication segment is
   a forwarding instruction for a candidate path which is downloaded to
   the Root, transit nodes and the leaves.

   This document describes a simple and efficient mechanism that can be
   used to detect data plane failures in P2MP Policy Candidate Paths
   (CPs) and Path Instances (PIs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts