Subject: Re: SPIRITS Washington Agenda

From: [email-masked] (Igor Faynberg)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 23:26:04 -0500

Chip Sharp wrote:
                                                                                
>What about SG16?                                                               
>I think they are doing a little work on VoIP. ;-)                               
They are, indeed, ;-), but I thought SPIRITS did not plan to. Yet if it does
(Alec? Steve?), then Chip is absolutely right--SG 16 should definitely be 
involved.

>I noticed that PINT and SPIRITS played prominently in some of the new          
>Questions being submitted to the next SG11 meeting.                             
Right. This is because PINT and SPIRITS are IN-centered and SG 11 works
on IN. With PINT, we managed--thanks to Hui-Lan--to get very clear
delineation of roles of the IETF and SG 11 on the subject, and then
it should be even easier to get that done with SPIRITS.

Incidentally the relation with SG 13 has been proposed because of its role as 
the Lead Study Group for IP Coordination in ITU-T. In fact, SG 13 has been
tracking all telephony-related IP projects even as part of its GII project.

Igor

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 20:38:40 -0800

>(Alec? Steve?), then Chip is absolutely right--SG 16 should definitely be 

You're quite correct.  Offhand, I don't see the relationship of SG16 or VoIP 
to SPIRITS.

		--Steve Bellovin

---------