Subject: t be blowed up; but wishes like

From: Desamito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:52:49 +0200

seen the city. Oh, take your place, Squire, you have seen Liverpool;
and if you see as much of all other places, as you have of this here
one, afore you return home, you will know most as much of England as
them do that never was there at all. "I am sorry too, you won't go,
Squire," added he, "for minister seems kinder dull." "Don't say another
word, Mr. Slick," said I; "every thing shall give way to him." And
locking up my writing-desk I said: "I am ready." "Stop, Squire," said
he, "I've got a favour to ask of you. Don't for gracious sake, say
nothin' before Mr. Hopewell about that 'ere lark I had last night arter
landin', it would sorter worry him, and set him off a-preachin', and I'd
rather he'd strike me any time amost than lectur, for he does it so
tender and kindly, it hurts my feelins _like_, a considerable sum. I've
had a pretty how-do-ye-do about it this mornin', and have had to plank
down handsum', and do the thing genteel; but Mister Landlord found, I
reckon, he had no fool to deal with, nother. He comes to me, as soon as
I was cleverly up this mornin', lookin' as full of importance, as Jube
Japan did when I put the Legation button on him. "'Bad business this,
Sir,' says he; 'never had such a scene in my house before, Sir; have had
great difficulty to prevent my sarvants takin' the law of you.' "'Ah,'
sais I to myself, 'I see how the cat jumps; here's a little tid bit of
extortion now; but you won't find that no go, I don't think.' "'You will
have to satisfy them, Sir,' says he, 'or take the consequences.'
"'Sartainly,' said I, 'any thin' you please: I leave it entirely to you;
jist name what you think proper, and I will liquidate it.' "'I said, I
knew you would behave like a gentleman, Sir,' sais he, 'for, sais I,
don't talk to me of law, name it to the gentleman, and he'll do what is
right; he'll behave liberal, you may depend.' "'You said right,' sais I,
'and now, Sir, what's the damage?' "'Fifty pounds, I should think about
the thing, Sir,' said he. "'Certainly,' said I, 'you shall have the
fifty pounds, but you must give me a receipt in full for it.' "'By all
means,' said he, and he was a cuttin' off full chisel to get a stamp,
when I sais, 'Stop,' sais I, 'uncle, mind and put in the receipt, the
bill of items, and charge 'em separate?' "'Bill of it