Subject: Re: Testing the ASN.1 in Part 1

From: "Aram Perez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:18:54 -0700

Hi Paul,

Check the web site of Open Systems Solutions (http://www.oss.com). They do free
ASN.1 syntax checking for groups such as IETF.

Regards,
Aram Perez
Apple Computer, Inc.

>Greetings, all. I know that all this discussion of LDAP is fascinating, but
>I'd like to come back to draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1 for a second. It is in
>IESG last call, almost ready (we hope) to become an RFC. Tim has just made
>minor tweaks to it (it is now -10.txt), and we're almost there.
>
>Has anyone tested the full ASN.1 in part 1 lately? Given the anti-ASN.1
>sentiment in the IETF, it would be Very Embarassing if we got an RFC and
>had to revise it due to an ASN.1 error. Worse yet, it would be bad if there
>was an error and two implementors did different things to get around it.
>
>Anyone who plans to get around to checking the ASN.1 after part 1 becomes
>an RFC: could you do it now instead? This would be a great help to us all.
>Thanks!
>
>--Paul Hoffman, Director
>--Internet Mail Consortium