Subject: Testing the ASN.1 in Part 1

From: "Amit Kapoor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:58:24 -0700

The following two in PKIX1Implicit93 (and 88):

	DistributionPoint ::= SEQUENCE {
        distributionPoint       [0]     DistributionPointName OPTIONAL,
        reasons         	  [1]     ReasonFlags OPTIONAL,
        cRLIssuer               [2]     GeneralNames OPTIONAL
	}

	DistributionPointName ::= CHOICE {
        fullName                [0]     GeneralNames,
        nameRelativeToCRLIssuer [1]     RelativeDistinguishedName
	}

	Is the tagging correct for DistributionPointName in
	DistributionPoint considering the package is defined as IMPLICIT
	tagging?  How will will the decoder know which one of the two
	DistributionPointName (GeneralNames | RelativeDistinguishedName) is
	represented by [0]?  Similarly for IssuingDistPointSyntax.

	I recall a message from someone from OSS a while back on somewhat
	a similar subject but afraid could not locate it in the archives.

	Thanks.

Amit

---

From: Dean Povey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:08:16 +1000

Just another minor point: id-ad, id-ad-ocsp and id-ad-caIssuers are defined in
both PKIX1Implicit88 and PKIX1Explicit88.

-- 
Dean Povey,         | e-m: [email-masked]     | Cryptozilla:
Research Scientist  | ph:  +61 7 3864 5120       |  www.cryptozilla.org/
Security Unit, DSTC | fax: +61 7 3864 1282       | Oscar - PKI Toolkit:
Brisbane, Australia | www: security.dstc.edu.au/ |  oscar.dstc.qut.edu.au/